In January 2022 - You can login here for the Livestream at 10am on Sunday (the www.clvan.ca/zoom link is working again :)
Here is the Sunday handout, which includes lyrics & readings.
*For January 23: There will be singing, reflecting on the spiritual practice of "Sabbath," receiving communion together, and taking time to pray together.
- Please have a pen, Bible & journal ready, as it is great to be able to write down what God is speaking to you & you are learning.
- Part way through the gathering, there will be a brief time for those on zoom to share what they are learning about the teaching of Sabbath. After that, the livestream will continue from the Center. if you don't feel comfortable to turn your video on.
FROM YOUTUBE to ZOOM:
Why would we make this switch? Isn't Youtube working well? The key reason to switch to Zoom, is that Zoom has an expectation that there will be interaction between those watching. Youtube creates a "viewer" expectation versus a participant. We do hope, ideally people will choose to gather with us in person but realize sometimes that doesn't happen...so we will still provide the gathering live at 10am.
What does this mean?
- there will be a "presenter view" and so the focus will be on what's going on during the gathering
- you are invited to share your name & video so others can see you participating
- there will be periodic "breakout/or discussion times" for those in person (& online on zoom) to discuss together the topic being shared
- Because the music will be unplugged, the quality of recording won't be as great, so once the gathering is complete (around 11:30am) it will not be online in entirety. We do aim to upload the sermon by Monday night. (We realize this may alter some of the viewing time preferences, but we are wrestling with the tension of what looks/sounds good on camera vs. desiring people to gather in person or online at 10am). Note: this December switch is a trial, and feel free to share feedback directly with me, Paul, via email of how this is being received.
- as we switch to the Zoom platform, we won't be displaying the lyrics on screen for the livestream. Instead we will be using a handout.
- In person, we will also receive a handout as our chairs will be in more of a semi-circle.
Whether you are a part of our church or spiritually curious we invite you to join us for our livestream on Sunday mornings! If you are not able to tune in Sunday at 10am you can go to our Youtube channel to look at our previous Gatherings & messages at anytime that works for you and your family
CLICK HERE for recorded Sunday gatherings, before December 5 & all sermons
What can I expect?
Our online gathering can include a variety of things including music, teaching and opportunity for communion.
What do I need beforehand?
If you are a Jesus-follower, before you settle in at we invite you to grab something from your kitchen to use for the communion elements. You can choose something to drink (juice or wine) and something to eat (bread or crackers) and there will be the opportunity to receive communion during the gathering.
How can I give?
Feel free to email Paul before Sunday morning if you have questions or would like more information!
To view information about our in-person site click here