Child Dedication is an important part of the celebration of raising a child. This public declaration emphasizes the importance of the parents and church family in the faith of the child.
Child Dedication is not the salvation of a child, but a public expression of the fact that he or she belongs to God. This "setting apart" is an act by the parents, a prayerful declaration of their stewardship over God's child. The parents are seeking to do everything that is in their power, as God gives them wisdom, to see that their child grows up to respect and honor God and to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
The dedication is more than a ritual. It's a commitment on the part of the parents to honor the will and the Word of God. This dedication is based from the verses in Deuteronomy 6:6-7
“These commandments I give to you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.”
Christian parents should be willing to:
- Publicly affirm your personal faith in Christ
- Pray often for God's direction in your lives and in the life of your child.
- Faithfully participate in Sunday church gatherings with your children.
- Teach your children the truth of God's Word in your home.
- Anticipate and seek to lead your children to a personal faith in Christ as soon as they are ready.
- Recognize that your children belong to God and have been born to experience His love and to serve Him.
If you are interested in this step of public dedication, feel free to contact Pastor Brett or Pastor Paul.