CityLights and COVID-19
We can see the news about the virus and the fear is evident all around us. We don't want to operate out of fear but we do want to be wise and we do love our church and community and want to provide an update. In light of the ongoing concern regarding the COVID-19 outbreak, and because the health and safety of the CityLights church community is a priority, the following information and advice is being offered:
- All of our Gatherings and Life Community events are continuing as planned. Any changes will be communicated via our website and Planning Centre.
- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, out of the abundance of caution, and respect for those around you, please remain at home.
- Until this outbreak is contained, please refrain from shaking hands during our gatherings and wash your hands regularly.
- Please bring a personal Bible, pen, etc. to avoid unnecessary sharing of items.
- If you are serving please bring hand sanitizer, wash your hands consistently, and avoid participating if you are sick.
Update as of March 13, 2020:
- If you have travelled outside of Canada, we recommend that you self-isolate for 14 days when arriving back in BC as per the Provincial Health Minister's recommendations.
- We will not be serving food or beverages during our Sunday Gathering at this time.
- We will not be receiving communion together until we have a safe option.
- Our CityLights Kids Team is cleaning the toys before each Sunday Gathering and will ask all kids to wash their hands before they enter the CityLights Kids Area.
- At this time, the province of BC has recommended cancelling gatherings of 250+ people. We are smaller than 250 and are planning to gather Sunday, March 15.
We are being mindful of our practices and Serving Teams are dialoguing about the best way to approach this season. The administration of the church continues to monitor all recommendations provided by the denomination as well as the Provincial and local health authorities. As a church we continue to pray for God’s intervention in this health emergency and want to remind you that we do have a Sunday morning prayer room from 9-9:30am on the lower floor and there is an Intercession night on the second Thursday of each month from 8-9pm. Let's allow this to be a reminder to pray.
"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea." Psalm 46:1–2(ESV)
The news around the Coronavirus is changing rapidly. Always refer to the Public Health Agency of Canada for local government guidelines for the most up-to-date information.